There are many ways you can support LOFT and make a powerful impact. Every day, community members and donors help provide food, housing, and mental health supports to the thousands of deserving youth, adults, and seniors we serve. When you make a gift we know you’re as invested in empowering your community as we are.
All donations are used for board-approved programs and projects providing services to help the most vulnerable. When any need or project goal has been met or cannot be completed, extra funds will be used in areas of greatest need.
Make a difference in the lives of the most vulnerable
Giving has the power to change lives
Bienca has struggled with complex mental health challenges for a long time. Before connecting with LOFT she was self-medicating. Since receiving the support she needs, she has been able to rebuild her confidence, set goals, and gain control of her mental health with medication and therapy. Bienca is now able to manage independently and is in the process of graduating from LOFT. We rely on generous donations to help people like Bienca live successfully in our community.
Generosity creates opportunity
Andre turned to LOFT to help him manage complex health issues, including a developmental delay, HIV, bipolar disorder, and a history of homelessness and addiction. With access to housing, medical care and daily living support, Andre is now sober and has strengthened his relationship with his family.
When you donate items, you help the most vulnerable achieve a better quailty of life. There is always a need for bedding, personal care items, clothing, and food.
To arrange a drop-off, please call us at 416-979-1994 ext. #2033 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our most needed and appreciated items:
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, razors, shaving cream, shampoo, conditioner, soap, body lotion
- Menstrual and inconstancy products
- Toilet paper, paper towels and Kleenex
- Face masks and hand sanitizers
Furniture and Household Items
- Twin mattresses, linens, pillows, comforters, blankets, bath towels
- Mop, broom, dustpan, laundry detergent, vacuum
- Dishes, cutlery, pots, pans, microwaves, toasters
- Tea, coffee, hot chocolate, flour, sugar, granola bars, nuts, cereal
- Grocery, coffee shop, pharmacy, or dollar store gift cards
Clothing and Entertainment
(accepted at select program locations only)
- Winter jackets, gloves, boots, pajamas, undergarments, jeans, t-shirts
- Pocket talkers, computers, tablets, cell phones, televisions, DVD/CD players
- Sports equipment, arts & craft supplies, adult colouring books, board games, puzzles
We are unable to accept used or previously owned clothing or personal care items. We do accept gently used entertainment items such as CD/DVD players, sports equipment, and books that are in good working condition. At this time, we accept non-perishable grocery items or donated meals from restaurants only. Items must be dropped off. We are unable to arrange for delivery.
Gifting Stocks or Securities
Publicly traded securities donated to registered Canadian charities are exempt from capital gains tax. When you donate your stocks or securities to LOFT, you’ll receive the full tax benefit from your gift while helping to change the lives of vulnerable people in your community.
Benefits to donating stocks or securities to LOFT:
- Make a significant gift
- Receive a charitable tax receipt for the full market value on the day they are received
- Pay no capital gains
Download our securities form to initiate an electronic transfer or to sign over share certificate ownership.
- Toolkits, templates and branded materials
- Tax receipts for eligible gifts
- Fundraising or payroll donations
Building your Legacy
Including a gift to LOFT in your will is a powerful way to ensure the values close to your heart continue into the future. Your generosity will help provide care, supportive housing, and life-changing counselling to people in need for many years to come.
You can make an estate gift by including a sentence or two in your will or by adding a codicil to an existing will. We invite you to download our Sample Bequest Language below.
If you have already included LOFT in your estate plan but have not informed us, please complete the Bequest Notification Form below and return it to email@example.com.
Please note that LOFT Community Services cannot provide legal or financial advice. We strongly encourage you to seek professional advice when executing an estate gift to ensure it is correctly tailored to your financial and personal circumstances.