Including a gift to LOFT in your Will is one of the best ways to ensure that people who fall through the cracks will be able to get the help they need for many years to come.
A charitable bequest can often provide the opportunity to make a much larger gift than would ever be possible during one’s lifetime. The result can be a lasting impact on our community and on the people served by LOFT.
Here are four great reasons to consider including a gift to LOFT in your will:
- Your Estate Will Pay Less Tax – When LOFT receives a bequest, we are able to issue an official charitable receipt that can be used to reduce the taxes payable on the final tax return that must be submitted by an Estate.
- A Bequest is Flexible and Revocable – A charitable bequest can be for any amount, large or small, and you can make it at any time in your life. You can include it when writing your will, or you can add it to an existing will with a simple codicil. You can also revoke or change your will at any time should your circumstances change.
- You Will Be Giving People A Second Chance – For many, LOFT represents a “port of last resort”, and a second chance after years of hopelessness and despair as one door after another closed on them. Your bequest will provide a second chance at a life of dignity and independence.
- You Will Be Providing a Lasting Legacy – Unless the donor instructs us otherwise, funds received through charitable bequests are added to other monies as part of LOFT’s Investment Fund and the interest income is used to support LOFT programs. This means your gift will live on, in a lasting legacy of hope and recovery.
Making a Bequest to LOFT
You can make a charitable bequest simply by including a sentence or two in your will or by adding a codicil to an existing will. We invite you to download our LOFT Sample Language
In addition, you will need to know the following:
- Our Legal Name: LOFT Community Services
- Our Charitable Registration Number: 13058 6605 RR0001
We encourage you to call us, or to have your lawyer or legal representative call, to ensure that your bequest is worded so that your charitable intentions can be fulfilled as you would wish. Please note that LOFT does not provide legal or financial advice.
For more information on including LOFT Community Services in your will or to receive our Guide to Your Will, please contact:
For more information, please contact:
Christpher Walker, Development Manager
LOFT Community Services
15 Toronto Street, 9th Floor
Toronto, ON M5C 2E3
Phone: 416-979-1994, ext #2032