Mental Health, Addictions and Substance Use

If you’re dealing with mental health, addictions and substance use challenges, here’s how to get the help you need. The Access Point should be your first stop. Just one application will give you access to a number of services.

For more ways to access services, check out some of the options below:

One-on-One Help

If you’re under 26 years old, our Transitional Age Youth Programs (TAY) might be right for you. Apply for case management services (someone to give you one-on-one help and advice) and other TAY programs through The Access Point or at the What’s Up Walk-In Clinic.

University students can access help through the Ryerson Wellness Centre and the University of Toronto Wellness Centre.

If you identify as a woman, you can self-refer to the 416 Community Support for Women Case Management Program or be referred by another community agency.

Please download and fill out this form and fax it to 416-928-2044 to Attn: Mel Penman.

If you’re living with HIV/AIDS, are homeless and face mental health and/or addiction challenges, you can access McEwan Positive Service Coordination intensive case management services to get one-on-one support.

This program can be reached through The Access Point. 

Group Support for All Ages

Some of our group programs require a professional referral from your social worker, therapist, psychologist, doctor, etc. Asking for help isn’t always easy, but you’ll be glad you did! 

If you’re over 16, identify as a woman and have mental health and/or substance use challenges, join us for daily meals and programs at 416 Community Support for Women.

For more information, call 426-928-3334. 

If you’re between 15 and 25 years old and live in the Jane-Finch area, you can access the Youth Doorways Community Support program through The Access Point and through the Griffin Centre.

The Youth Evening and Weekends Treatment Program, for people aged 16 to 29, can be accessed through The Access Point and through CAMH urgent care.

Get Healthy: Health Care Navigation

If you’re a woman who does not already have a primary health care provider, you can access the Health and Wellness program through 416 Community Support for Women. You can refer yourself by filling out this form and faxing it to 416-928-2044 to Attn: Mel Penman, or though referral from another community agency. 

Transitional Age Youth Community Support and Enhanced Navigation services can be accessed through The Access Point. 

The Edgewest Walk-In Clinic is open to youth ages 16 to 29. The clinic operates from 4 to 8 p.m. Mondays through Wednesdays, and from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturdays.